Monday, May 16, 2011

weekend fun

Weekend fun  
We all enjoy the weekend it gives us time from our everyday toil and humdrum,whether it is work or some thing else. It seams that on the weekend our problem slow down, we get to relax end have a break. For many this is the time to reset our stress clock so we can start again.

But how do we start when we can't do this if thing get too much to handle, what do we do then?
I was asked how I was able to keep in such a good mood even with all the things that went wrong?
You know I couldn't answer that I just do, I reset my weekend clock. I'm reminded of the worry tree, a little story I read some time ago. It is about a man who has trouble at work during the day, at the end of the day if thing weren't bad enough he had a flat tire.
His boss gave him a ride home and when they got to his house he asked his boss to come in and meet his family. The boss agreed when they got to the employe's place he got out of the truck walked over to a small tree. He took of his imaginary pack and hung it on the tree and went in side.
When he got inside he hugged his kids,kissed his wife and introduced his family,his boss stayed for a while and then left. On his way out the boss looked at his employe and asked what he had done by that tree when they first got there. The employe said that's my worry tree every night when I come home from work I hang my worry's on that tree. They don't come inside, in the house is my time for me and my family there is no time for worry's. Oh there still there in the morning but they aren't bad then.

This is not word for word how the story goes but the point is that,we need to worry at some time but there is a time and a place for this.
We should take time of from our worries and just enjoy living. We worry about things out of our control and things to far in the future we are creature of habit and it can be hard to change our habit but you can try a bit at a time.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment